CARPROFEN is used to relieve minor pains, inflammation associated with arthritis, joint pains, and soft tissue pain from ...
CARPROFEN is used to relieve minor pains, inflammation associated with arthritis, joint pains, and soft tissue pain from orthopedic surgeries in dogs.
Your Price: $0.39 to $149.40
Retail Price: $0.62 to $179.99
You Save: $0.23 to $30.59
Choose An Option (Caplet)
Choose An Option (Chewable Tablet)
How To Use
Vetprofen by Vetoquinol
Novox by Vedco
Rimadyl by Pfizer
Carprofen by Putney
Quellin by Bayer
Carprofen (Generic Rimadyl) Ingredients
CARPROFEN is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs) that is related to aspirin and ibuprofen and is the generic equivalent to Rimadyl.
CARPROFEN is used to reduce pain and inflammation due to chronic arthritis or to reduce pain following surgery in dogs.
Some symptoms that CARPROFEN is used to treat may include...
- Limping or lameness
- Decreased activity or exercise
- Decreased movement of joints
- Pain relief following surgery
Like other NSAIDs, CARPROFEN works by inhibiting the formation of prostaglandins.
- Prostaglandins are chemicals in the body that promote inflammation, pain, and fever, increase blood clotting, and protect the lining of the stomach from damaging acids.
- CARPROFEN is a prescription drug
- FDA approved drug
- Very effective in pain management
- Available in different size caplets..
- CARPROFEN should not be used in animals that are allergic to...
- Be sure to let your veterinarian know if your pet is pregnant or lactating
- CARPROFEN can cause stomach ulcers
- Notify your veterinarian if your dog suffers from liver disease, kidney disease or a bleeding disorder
- Liver values should be monitored periodically
Details About Carprofen (Generic Rimadyl)
"CARPROFEN is used to relieve minor pains, inflammation associated with arthritis, joint pains, and soft tissue pain from orthopedic surgeries in dogs."
Carprofen (Generic Rimadyl) Is Used To Treat These Symptoms
Possible Side Effects When Using Carprofen (Generic Rimadyl)
If you notice any behavioral or physiological changes in your pet while giving CARPROFEN, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Our Information Is Not Intended To Replace The Advice Of Your Veterinarian
"Do not use our product information for diagnostic purposes. Always take your pet to your veterinarian to obtain a diagnosis and course of treatment. Only your veterinarian is qualified to assess all possible side effects, interactions, precautions, warnings and possible allergic reactions relating to the use of this product or drug with your pet."
- Use as directed by your veterinarian
- Follow the instructions on the prescription label
- Store CARPROFEN at room temperature
- Be sure to complete the prescription to ensure a full recovery, even if your pet seems to be improving, unless instructed otherwise by your veterinarian.
- Duration of administration depends on the condition being treated, response to the medication and
development of any adverse effects
- Should be given with food to prevent upset stomach
- For use in DOGS ONLY
- CARPROFEN is not recommended for use in cats
Dosage for DOGS
- Give 1 - 2 mg / pound of body weight.
- Give by mouth twice a day.
- In the case of a missed dose of CARPROFEN, give it as soon as you remember or just wait until it is time
to give the next dose. DO NOT GIVE A DOUBLE DOSE OF CARPROFEN.
- In the case of an overdose of CARPROFEN, seek attention from your veterinarian.
- The following symptoms could be signs of an overdose...