CLINDAMYCIN is an antibiotic that is effective at treating bacterial infections in the skin, oral cavity, bones and respir...
CLINDAMYCIN is an antibiotic that is effective at treating bacterial infections in the skin, oral cavity, bones and respiratory tract.
Your Price: $0.49 to $1.11
Retail Price: $0.75 to $1.68
You Save: $0.26 to $0.57
Your Price: $0.49
150 mg (1 Capsule Per Unit)
Retail Price: $0.75
You Save: $0.26
Your Price: $1.11
300 mg (1 Capsule Per Unit)
Retail Price: $1.68
You Save: $0.57
Your Price: $0.78
75 mg (1 Capsule Per Unit)
Retail Price: $0.97
You Save: $0.19
Choose An Option
How To Use
Antirobe by Pharmacia & Upjohn Company
Cleocin by Pharmacia & Upjohn Company
Clintabs by Virbac
CLINDAMYCIN is a narrow spectrum antibiotic used to fight bacterial infections in dogs and cats. It is effective against strains of bacteria found in...
- skin infections
- wound infections
- bone infections
- pneumoniadental (tooth) infections
- other oral cavity infections
It is a favorite drug of veterinarians because it raises the white blood cell count helping to prevent the spread of bacteria. This activity is especially useful in treating infections in the mouth because it is able keep infections contained.
CLINDAMYCIN acts on bacteria by inhibiting the production of proteins, thus stopping the growth of susceptible strains of bacteria.
- CLINDAMYCIN is a prescription drug
- Registered for use in animals and humans
- Similar to the drug Lincocin (lincomycin)
- Not effective against infections caused by parasites, mites, viruses, or fungi
- Available in the form of...
25 mg tablet
75 mg capsule
150 mg capsule
- CLINDAMYCIN should not be used in animals that are sensitive to this drug or lincomycin
- Do not take CLINDAMYCIN at the same time as erythromycin
- Consult your veterinarian if your animal is pregnant or nursing
- This drug can interact with other medications, so make sure to tell your veterinarian if your pet is on any
- Tell your veterinarian if your pet suffers from...
Details About Clindamycin
"CLINDAMYCIN is an antibiotic that is effective at treating bacterial infections in the skin, oral cavity, bones and respiratory tract."
Clindamycin Is Used To Treat These Symptoms
Urinary Tract Infection
Possible Side Effects When Using Clindamycin
If any of these side effects occur, you may keep giving CLINDAMYCIN, but contact your veterinarian.
Allergic Reactions and Serious Side Effects
Allergic reactions and more serious side effects are rare, but in the case of an allergic reaction or a more serious side effect you should stop CLINDAMYCIN treatment and seek veterinary attention. Some common allergic reactions and more serious side effects are...
- facial swelling
- facial lesions
- loss of appetite
- dark colored urine
Our Information Is Not Intended To Replace The Advice Of Your Veterinarian
"Do not use our product information for diagnostic purposes. Always take your pet to your veterinarian to obtain a diagnosis and course of treatment. Only your veterinarian is qualified to assess all possible side effects, interactions, precautions, warnings and possible allergic reactions relating to the use of this product or drug with your pet."
- Use as directed by your veterinarian
- Follow the instructions on the prescription label
- Store CLINDAMYCIN at room temperature
- Be sure to complete the prescription to ensure a full recovery, even if your pet seems to be improving or
unless you consult with your veterinarian
- Do not give in larger or smaller amounts than was prescribed by your veterinarian
- Allow your pet access to plenty of water
- Liver and kidney functions may need to be tested periodically
Dosage for DOGS
- 5 mg / pound of body weight
- Given by mouth twice daily
Dosage for CATS
- 2.5 mg / pound of body weight
- Given by mouth twice daily
- In the case of a missed dose of CLINDAMYCIN, give it as soon as you remember or just wait until it is
time to give the next dose. DO NOT GIVE A DOUBLE DOSE OF CLINDAMYCIN.
- In the case of an overdose of CLINDAMYCIN, seek attention from your veterinarian.