HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE is an antihistamine used to treat itching and allergies.
Your Price: $0.28 to $0.38
Retail Price: $0.45 to $0.60
You Save: $0.17 to $0.22
Your Price: $0.28
25 mg (1 Capsule Per Unit)
Retail Price: $0.45
You Save: $0.17
Your Price: $0.38
50 mg (1 Capsule Per Unit)
Retail Price: $0.60
You Save: $0.22
Choose An Option
How To Use
Vistaril by Pfizer
Hydroxyzine Pamoate by Sandoz
Hydroxyzine Pamoate Ingredients
HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE Basics
HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE is a type of antihistamine that provides relief to animals by blocking the effects of histamines in the body. It can also be used to depress the activity of the central nervous system. This drug will inhibit the action of histamines by reducing or preventing...
- Anxiety disorders
- Tension in stressful situations
There are 2 types of histamine binding receptors, H1 and H2. HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE is known for binding to H1 receptors that affect small blood vessels and smooth muscles. When histamines bind to these receptors it causes blood vessels to dilate, and fluid begins to leak out causing swelling and itchiness. When HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE is present, these histamines are unable to bind to receptors providing much needed relief.
HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE Facts
- HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE is a prescription drug.
- Prescribed as an extra-label
- Very effective against allergic reactions
- Can be used as a mild sedative or tranquilizer
- Available in different size capsules...
HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE Warnings
- HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE should not be used if your animal has a known allergy or sensitivity to this drug.
- Do not use in pregnant or lactating animals.
- May cause drowsiness
- Consult your veterinarian if your pet is taking any other medications.
- Animals should not take HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE if they suffer from...
high blood pressure
- Please notify your veterinarian if your pet is on any of these medications...
all other prescription and non-prescription medications
Details About Hydroxyzine Pamoate
"HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE is an antihistamine used to treat itching and allergies."
Hydroxyzine Pamoate Is Used To Treat These Symptoms
Possible Side Effects When Using Hydroxyzine Pamoate
If you notice these or any other behavioral or physiological changes in your pet, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Allergic reactions and serious side effects
Allergic reactions and serious side effects are rare, but in the case of an allergic reaction or a serious side effect you should stop HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE treatment and seek veterinary attention. Some common allergic reactions and serious side effects are...
- breathing difficulty
- facial swelling
Our Information Is Not Intended To Replace The Advice Of Your Veterinarian
"Do not use our product information for diagnostic purposes. Always take your pet to your veterinarian to obtain a diagnosis and course of treatment. Only your veterinarian is qualified to assess all possible side effects, interactions, precautions, warnings and possible allergic reactions relating to the use of this product or drug with your pet."
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Follow the instructions on the prescription label.
- Store HYDROXYZINE HCl at room temperature.
- Be sure to complete the prescription to ensure a full recovery, even if your pet seems to be improving, unless you consulted otherwise by your veterinarian
- Do not give in larger or smaller amounts than was prescribed by your veterinarian
- Allow your pet access to plenty of water to drink.
- Duration of administration depends on the condition being treated and the response to the medication.
Dosage for DOGS
- 1 mg / pound of body weight
- Given by mouth 2 - 3 times a day
Dosage for CATS
- 5 to 10 mg / per cat
- Given by mouth every 8 - 12 hours
- In the case of a missed dose of HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE, give it as soon as you remember or just wait
until it is time to give the next dose. DO NOT GIVE A DOUBLE DOSE OF HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE.
- In the case of an overdose of HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE, seek attention from your veterinarian.
- The following symptoms could be signs of an overdose...