PENICILLIN VK is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
Your Price: $0.30
500 mg (1 Tablet Per Unit)
Retail Price: $0.51
You Save: $0.21
How To Use
Penicillin V Potassium
Penicillin VK Tabs by Sandoz
Penicillin VK Ingredients
PENICILLIN VK Basics
PENICILLIN VK is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat and prevent bacterial infections that include...
- Skin and soft-tissue infections
- Upper respiratory infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Ear infections
- Gastrointestinal infections
- Dental infections
As with other penicillin drugs, PENICILLIN VK inhibits the production of the bacterial cell wall causing bacteria to die.
PENICILLIN VK Facts
- Available by prescription only
- Broad spectrum antibiotic
- Effectively treats most infections found throughout the body
- Available in 500 mg tablets
PENICILLIN VK Warnings
- PENICILLIN VK should not be used in animals that are allergic to any type of penicillin or cephalosporin antibiotic.
- This drug may interact with other antibiotics. Inform your veterinarian of any and all medications your pet is taking before administering PENICILLIN VK.
- Do not use PENICILLIN VK with chloramphenicol or tetracycline.
- Let your veterinarian know if your pet has kidney, stomach, or intestinal disease.
- Notify your veterinarian if your animal is on any other types of medications, especially..
Details About Penicillin VK
"PENICILLIN VK is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections."
Penicillin VK Is Used To Treat These Symptoms
Urinary Tract Infection
Possible Side Effects When Using Penicillin VK
If you notice any behavioral or physiological changes in your pet while giving PENICILLIN VK, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Allergic reactions to PENICILLIN VK can occur. If you believe your pet is experiencing an allergic reaction to PENICILLIN VK, contact your veterinarian.
Our Information Is Not Intended To Replace The Advice Of Your Veterinarian
"Do not use our product information for diagnostic purposes. Always take your pet to your veterinarian to obtain a diagnosis and course of treatment. Only your veterinarian is qualified to assess all possible side effects, interactions, precautions, warnings and possible allergic reactions relating to the use of this product or drug with your pet."
PENICILLIN VK Directions
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Follow the instructions printed on the prescription label.
- Store PENICILLIN VK at room temperature.
- Be sure to complete the prescription to ensure a full recovery, even if your pet seems to be improving, unless instructed otherwise by your veterinarian.
- Duration of administration depends on the condition being treated, response to the medication, and the development of any adverse effects.
- Do not give in larger or smaller amounts than was prescribed by your veterinarian.
- Allow your pet access to plenty of water.
- Dosage will depend on type of infection.
- PENICILLIN VK may be given on an empty stomach.
Dosage for DOGS and CATS
- 2.5 to 5 mg / pound of body weight
- Give by mouth 3 - 4 times daily
In the case of a missed dose of PENICILLIN VK, give it as soon as you remember or wait until it is time to give the next dose. DO NOT GIVE A DOUBLE DOSE OF PENICILLIN VK.
In the case of an overdose of PENICILLIN VK, seek attention from your veterinarian.