Shipping & Delivery Options
In order to provide the highest quality services, PetMart Pharmacy assures prompt delivery of all prescription and non-prescription medications. This includes taking extra steps to ensure that PetMart Pharmacy clients receive the medication needed, even and especially when the medication is not available, delivery is delayed, or a pet is suffering from an acute illness.
When an order for a prescription medication is placed with PetMart Pharmacy, a "Prescription Authorization Form" is automatically generated. This form is faxed to the prescribing veterinarian within one business day of the order date. In the event that a valid prescription has been received, OR refills have been previously authorized by the prescriber, no authorization form is needed. The prescription is then authorized and filled by the pharmacist following all appropriate guidelines. Medication is packaged and shipped the same business day. Prescription authorization forms that are returned after 3pm are shipped the following business day. You will receive an email notification letting you know that your pet's prescription has been authorized and the package has been shipped. We will not ship out prescription items until authorization from the ordering Veterinarian is received via signed fax or mail original prescription is received in the mail.
- USPS Standard First Class: $2.99 5-7 Business Days
- UPS SurePost: $5.99 (4 business days) Orders received after 3pm will ship the following business day. Prescription Authorization Approvals received after 3pm eastern will ship the following day.
- USPS 3rd Day Priority: $7.99 (3rd Business Day) Orders received after 3pm will ship the following business day. Prescription Authorization Approvals received after 3pm eastern will ship the following day.
- Express: $24.99 2nd Business Day. Orders Placed Friday after 3pm will not ship arrive until Monday.
Tracking Your Order
- Overnight orders placed on a Friday will arrive the next business day. If you place an order on a Friday and want it delivered on Saturday, you will have to request a special Saturday delivery which has a different price scale from the standard overnight fee. Please contact us for more details if this service is needed at (877) 220-6337.
If you provide us with an email address, you will receive order status updates. Order confirmation notifications, shipping notifications, and/or tracking information may be emailed to you if available. You may also track your order on USPS and/or UPS websites.
If you are concerned about package theft, signature confirmation is available through our services. Be advised this extra service comes with an added minimal fee. Delayed Delivery In the event that a medication is out-of-stock, or delivery will be delayed, you will be contacted immediately. The majority of products offered by PetMart Pharmacy can be obtained within 24 hours, if not available on-hand.
Emergency Medication/Acute Illness
Here at PetMart Pharmacy, we recommend that you obtain emergency medications and/or medications for acute illness at a local veterinarian or pharmacy. If you still wish to obtain medication from PetMart Pharmacy, several expedited delivery options are available. If we are unable to provide the medication as quickly as needed, PetMart Pharmacy staff will contact the prescribing veterinarian to arrange for the medication to be immediately available at the veterinary hospital/clinic or local pharmacy.
Products that are temperature-sensitive will be packaged using USPS specialized packaging and sent via USPS. This includes dry ice shipment and replenishment, refrigeration intervention and around-the-clock monitoring when indicated. These products will be shipped via USPS Express Mail.