Advantage Multi for Dogs Basics
- Advantage Multi is available by prescription only.
- Advantage Multi for Dogs is a combination of two drugs...
- Advantage Multi for Dogs prevents a variety of internal and external parasites. Advantage Multi for Dogs is used to treat...
- Advantage Multi is safe to use in collie breeds and collie mixed breeds.
- Advantage Multi is available in different sizes according to your dog's weight...
- 3 to 9 pounds (Green box)
- 9.1 to 20 pounds (Teal box)
- 20.1 to 55 pounds (Red box)
- 55.1 to 88 pounds (Blue box)
- 88.1 to 110 pounds (Brown box)
Advantage Multi for Dogs Warnings
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Advantage Multi for Dogs should not be used in any animal that has shown a hypersensitivity or allergy to imidacloprid or moxidectin.
- Advantage Multi is not recommended for use in underweight, pregnant, nursing, debilitated, or geriatric animals.
- Do not use in puppies less than 7 weeks of age or dogs less than 3 pounds.
- The bitter taste may cause some dogs to drool if Advantage Multi is ingested.
- Advantage Multi for Dogs should only be used in dogs after a negative heartworm test.
- Administration of Advantage Multi to a heartworm positive dog can lead to a potentially severe shock-like reaction.
- The application site may appear oily for up to 24 hours.
- Store at room temperature.
Advantage Multi for Dogs Directions
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Follow the instructions printed on the prescription label.
- Store at room temperature.
- Advantage Multi for Dogs should be applied between the shoulder blades.
- Be sure to empty the entire contents of the tube in the same spot around the shoulder blades.
- Do not use in puppies less than 7 weeks old.
- Advantage Multi for Dogs must be given once a month.
Dosage for Dogs
For dogs up to 10 lbs:
For dogs 11-20 lbs:
- Apply one 0.4 mL tube between the shoulder blades once monthly.
For dogs 21-55 lbs:
- Apply one 1 mL tube between the shoulder blades once monthly.
For dogs 55-88 lbs:
- Apply one 2.5 mL tube between the shoulder blades once monthly.
For dogs 88-110 pounds:
- Apply one 4 mL tube between the shoulder blades once monthly.
For dogs over 110 pounds:
- Apply one 5 mL tube between the shoulder blades once monthly.
- Use an appropriate combination of tubes.
- Apply between the shoulder blades once monthly.
Advantage Multi for Dogs Dosage FAQs
- In the case of a missed dose of Advantage Multi for Dogs, give it as soon as you remember or wait until it is time to give the next dose. DO NOT GIVE A DOUBLE DOSE OF ADVANTAGE MULTI FOR DOGS.
- If you suspect an overdose has occurred, stop treatment and contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Signs of an overdose may include...
Advantage Multi is a really unique product since it controls and kills fleas, prevents heartworm disease, and treats and prevents hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms. You can use this product on dogs young and old, and there is also a feline version that kills fleas, prevents heartworm disease, and kills ear mites. I really believe Advantage Multi is a great option for any pet owner wanting a broad range of protection for their pet. This product, which is manufactured by Bayer, has proven to be safe and effective and has been used extensively here at our practice with very few side effects. It seems that you will occasionally get the pet that is sensitive to all topical medications, and for those pets, oral products such as Trifexis may be a more viable option.
Bayer has a long track record of standing behind all of their products, and I really believe non-generic options are better considering the importance of flea, tick, and heartworm protection to the health of your pets.
If you notice any behavioral or physiological changes in your pet while administering Advantage Multi, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Allergic Reactions and Serious Side Effects
- Allergic reactions and serious side effects are rare, but in the case of an allergic reaction or a serious side effect, seek veterinary attention. Some common signs of an allergic reaction or serious side effect are...
- sudden onset of diarrhea or vomiting
- If given to heartworm positive dogs, Advantage Multi for Dogs may cause shock-like symptoms that can lead to death.