Bravecto for Cats Basics
- Bravecto for Cats is a topical treatment for fleas and ticks.
- Fluralaner is the active ingredient in Bravecto for Cats.
- Bravecto for Cats is available by prescription only.
- Unlike other flea and tick medications, Bravecto only has to be applied every 90 days.
- Bravecto for Cats is available in three different sizes...
- 2.6-6.2 lbs (112.5 mg Fluralaner)
- >6.2-13.8 lbs (250 mg Fluralaner)
- >13.8-27.5 lbs (500 mg Fluralaner)
- Cats weighing more than 27.5 lbs should use a combination of tubes to equal their weight.
Bravecto for Cats Facts
- Bravecto for Cats works to prevent...
- Black-legged tick infestations for 12 weeks
- American dog tick infestations for 8 weeks
- Fluralaner fights fleas and ticks by inhibiting the arthropod nervous system.
- Fluralaner is a member of the isoxazoline-substituted benzamide derivative class of drugs.
- Fluralaner works by dampening the action of ligand-gated chloride channels in arthropods.
Bravecto for Cats Warnings
- Keep Bravecto for Cats out of the reach of children and pets.
- Bravecto for Cats is for topical use. Do not let your cat ingest Bravecto.
- Bravecto for Cats is extremely flammable. Keep Bravecto away from open flames, heat, or cigarettes.
- Wash your hands after applying Bravecto for Cats.
- Do not get Bravecto for Cats in your, or your cat's, eye.
- In case your, or your cat's, eyes come into contact with Bravecto, flush the eye slowly with water.
- Use Bravecto cautiously in cats...
- Who are pregnant or nursing
- With a history of neurologic abnormalities
Bravecto for Cats Directions
- Use Bravecto as directed by your veterinarian.
- Always follow the instructions printed on the prescription label.
- To apply Bravecto, rotate the cap one full turn until it clicks.
- Do not remove the cap. It is necessary for the application of the medication.
- Apply Bravecto at the base of the skull of your cat, parting the fur to apply the medication directly to the skin.
- Apply the entire contents of the tube in the same spot at the base of the skull.
Dosage for Bravecto for Cats
- Apply one tube every 12 weeks.
- For cats 6 months of age or older
Bravecto for Cats Dosage FAQs
- Overdoses of Bravecto for Cats are rare.
- In case of a missed dose, simply give the dose when you remember. Do not give a double dose of Bravecto.
Serious side effects associated with Bravecto for Cats are rare, but if you notice behavioral or physiological changes in your cat, call your veterinarian immediately.