Frontline Plus for Dogs Basics
- Frontline Plus for Dogs is a phenylpyrazole, or an anti parasitic agent, that is used to kill adult fleas and ticks.
- Frontline Plus for Dogs includes the active ingredients:
- Frontline Plus collects in the oils of the skin and in the hair follicles.
- Frontline Plus is not absorbed into the body and does not circulate through the bloodstream.
- Frontline Plus spreads around the body through translocation.
- Frontline Plus for Dogs is used to treat:
- Frontline Plus for Dogs works by interfering with the brain and spinal cord of insects.
- Frontline Plus kills existing fleas within 18 hours.
- Frontline Plus spreads throughout your pet's body within 24 hours.
- The effects of Frontline Plus for Dogs last 30 days
- Frontline Plus for Dogs is waterproof.
- Frontline Plus for Dogs is available in different sizes:
- 45-88 pounds (Purple box)
Frontline Plus for Dogs Warnings
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Frontline Plus is not for human use.
- puppies less than 10 weeks old
- Do not shampoo your pet for 48 hours after application.
- Use with caution in old or debilitated animals.
- Use with caution in animals that are pregnant or nursing.
- Use gloves when applying Frontline Plus.
- Some localized irritation may occur at the application site.
- Frontline Plus is flammable.
- Store at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
Frontline Plus for Dogs Directions
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- Store at room temperature.
- Apply Frontline Plus for Dogs between the shoulder blades.
- Empty the entire contents of the tube in the same spot between the shoulder blades.
- Do not use in puppies less than 10 weeks old.
Dosage for Dogs
For dogs and puppies weighing up to 22 pounds:
For dogs and puppies weighing 22 - 44 pounds:
- Apply one 0.67 mL tube between the shoulder blades once every 30 days.
For dogs and puppies weighing 45 - 88 pounds:
- Apply one 1.3 mL tube between the shoulder blades once every 30 days.
For dogs weighing 89 - 132 pounds:
- Apply one 2.68 mL tube between the shoulder blades once every 30 days.
- Apply one 4.03 mL tube between the shoulder blades once every 30 days.
- In the case of a missed dose of Frontline Plus for Dogs, give it as soon as you remember or wait until it is time to give the next dose. DO NOT GIVE A DOUBLE DOSE OF FRONTLINE PLUS for DOGS.
We have used Frontline Plus and Frontline Spray extensively here in our veterinary practice. Here in the southeast it is probably the one flea product that has performed well consistently over the last 10 years. Each geographic area seems to have a specific flea and tick product that works the best, so ask your veterinarian what he or she thinks will work best in your area.
We have also used the Frontline products routinely with pregnant and lactating females with absolutely no ill effects. Here flea and tick infestations are a relatively common occurrence, so we are thankful to have this type product at our disposal.
Irritation at the application site can occur. If you notice any other behavioral or physiological changes in your pet during Frontline treatment, contact your veterinarian.