K-CAPS are capsules that contain Vitamin K1. Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin that is used in the production of blood clotting factors. Deficiency or inhibition of vitamin K can lead to a bleeding disorder. In animals, vitamin K deficiencies usually occur due to ingestion of certain types of rat poisons. The chemicals in rat poison inhibit the production of vitamin K1, which leads to internal bleeding that will not stop.
K-CAPS help counter hypoprothrombinemia, or an extreme impairment in blood clotting, which can lead to dangerous bleeding.
- K-Caps are available by prescription only.
- Effective treatment for rat poison ingestion
- Effectively promotes blood clotting
- May also be used in some liver diseases to help the liver produce blood clotting proteins
- Available in 2 sizes of capsules…
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Vitamin K1 should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to this drug.
- IV administration can lead to severe allergic reactions.
- Red blood cell destruction can occur if excessive doses of vitamin K are administered for long periods of time.