Malaseb Shampoo Basics
- Malaseb Shampoo is available over the counter. No prescription is required.
- Malaseb Shampoo is an antibacterial and antifungal shampoo that cleans and conditions the coat.
- Malaseb Shampoo treats...
- other bacterial infections
- Malaseb Shampoo is fragrance and dye free.
- Malaseb Shampoo contains the following ingredients...
- Miconazole Nitrate- an antifungal ingredient that works against yeast and fungi
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate- an antibacterial ingredient that fights off most types of bacteria
- Together, these ingredients help to descale and degrease your pet's coat.
Malaseb Shampoo Warnings
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Malaseb Shampoo is not intended for human use.
- For topical use on dogs, cats, and horses only.
- Avoid contact with your or your pet's eyes.
- If eye contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
- Do not allow your pet to ingest the shampoo while bathing.
- Seek veterinary attention immediately if Malaseb Shampoo is ingested by your pet.
- Store at room temperature.
Malaseb Shampoo Directions
- Use as directed by your veterinarian
- Follow the instructions on the product label.
- Store at room temperature
- Wet your pet's coat thoroughly with water before applying Malaseb Shampoo.
- Apply enough shampoo on your pet's coat to create a rich lather.
- Work shampoo into your pet's coat over the entire body.
- Allow at least 10 minutes of contact time.
- Rinse off Malaseb Shampoo thoroughly with water.
- Repeat twice weekly until symptoms subside, then reduce usage to once weekly.
"MALASEB SHAMPOO is still one of the best medicated shampoos I have ever used. This shampoo kills both bacterial and fungal organisms, so it is perfect for the allergic dog with a bacterial or yeast infection. This shampoo, unlike many other medicated shampoos, lathers well and has a pleasant fragrance. I have clients who will bathe their pets two to three times weekly with MALASEB SHAMPOO, effectively eliminating their problem with bacterial or fungal agents. This shampoo from DVM has been around for decades but is still my personal favorite. Over the 28 years that I have been in the veterinary practice, I have found that virtually all allergic skin conditions benefit from topical therapy, and I find MALASEB SHAMPOO to be the best. Because you can bathe your pet with this shampoo multiple times a week, you decrease the need for oral pills and injections from your veterinarian."
If your pet's condition does not improve or worsens, or if you notice eye irritation, stop using Malaseb Shampoo and contact your veterinarian.