Tylan Soluble Powder Basics
- Tylan is available by prescription only.
- Tylan Soluble Powder is a macrolide antibiotic for use in...
- Tylan is used in chickens to aid in the treatment of chronic respiratory disease(CRD) associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
- In turkeys, Tylan is used to maintain weight gain and feed efficiency in the presence of infectious sinusitis caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
- Tylan is used in swine for the treatment and control of swine dysentery associated with Brachyspira hyodysenteriae.
- In honey bees Tylan is used to treat American Foulbrood caused by Paenibacillus larvae.
Tylan Soluble Powder Warnings
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Tylan Soluble Powder is for use in chickens, turkey, swine, and honey bees only.
- When mixing Tylan, add water to the powder. Do not add powder to the water.
- Tylan is not intended for human use or consumption.
- Tylan administration should be carefully monitored in animals intended for consumption or whose by products are intended for consumption. Follow packaging directions closely to avoid contaminating any possible food sources.
- Store powder at room temperature.
- Protect from light and moisture.
Tylan Soluble Powder Directions
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Follow the instructions printed on the prescription label.
- Dosing and administration depend on species being treated.
- Keep at room temperature, protected from moisture and light.
Tylan Soluble Powder should be used carefully in food animals. To avoid drug residue in food supply, read the label carefully and do not give Tylan within the listed amount of time to slaughter or human food production.