Don't see the strength you need? Contact us at (877)220-6337!
Fluconazole Compound Basics
- Fluconazole Compound is available by prescription only.
- Fluconazole is an antifungal used to treat systemic fungal infections, including those caused by...
- Fluconazole may also be used in treating fungal infections of the skin, such as...
- Fluconazole treats infections of the central nervous system (CNS) effectively, as it can cross the blood-brain barrier.
- Fluconazole works by interfering with fungal cell membrane, inhibiting fungus growth and keeping the fungal cells from reproducing.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Fluconazole should not be used in pets that have shown sensitivity to azole antifungal agents.
- Use with caution in pets with...
- Use with caution if your pet is pregnant or nursing
- Multiple drugs interact with fluconazole. Please consult veterinarian before use if your pet takes any of the following medications:
- thiazide diuretics (Dyazide or Diuril)
- tricyclic antidepressants (clomipramine, Clomicalm or amitriptylline)
- sulfonylurea antidiabetics (glipizide or glyburide)
- There may be other drugs not listed that can affect fluconazole. Tell your veterinarian about all prescription and non-prescription medications your pet is taking.
- Store at room temperature away from moisture.
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- Always follow the instructions printed on the prescription label.
- Fluconazole should be given orally.
- Store at room temperature.
- Fluconazole is for use in dogs, cats, and horses.
- Do not give fluconazole within 2 hours of giving antacids.
If you notice any behavioral or physiological changes in your pet during fluconazole treatment, contact your veterinarian immediately.