Bravecto for Dogs Basics
- Bravecto for Dogs is a flavored chewable used to treat fleas and ticks.
- The active ingredient in Bravecto for Dogs is fluralaner.
- Bravecto for Dogs is available by prescription only.
- Unlike other flea and tick medications, Bravecto only has to be given every 90 days.
- Bravecto for Dogs is available in five different sizes...
- 4.4-9.9 lbs (112.5 mg Fluralaner)
- >9.9-22.0 lbs (250 mg Fluralaner)
- >22.0-44.0 lbs (500 mg Fluralaner)
- >44.0-88.0 (1000 mg Fluralaner)
- >88.0-123.0 (1400 mg Fluralaner)
- Dogs weighing more than 123.0 lbs should use a combination of chews to equal their weight.
Bravecto for Dogs Facts
- Bravecto for Dogs works to prevent...
- Black-legged, American dog, and brown dog tick infestations for 12 weeks
- Lone star tick infestations for 8 weeks
- Fluralaner fights fleas and ticks by inhibiting the arthropod nervous system.
- Fluralaner is a member of the isoxazoline-substituted benzamide derivative class of drugs.
- Fluralaner works by dampening the action of ligand-gated chloride channels in arthropods.
Bravecto for Dogs Warnings
- Keep Bravecto for Dogs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke while administering Bravecto for Dogs.
- Wash your hands after giving Bravecto for Dogs to your pet.
- Use Bravecto cautiously in dogs...
- Do not store Bravecto at temperatures exceeding 86 degrees.
- Bravecto has no known interactions with other drugs and can be taken safely with other medications.
Bravecto for Dogs Directions
- Use Bravecto as directed by your veterinarian.
- Always follow the instructions printed on the prescription label.
- If your pet has regular exposure to lone star ticks, Bravecto may be used every 8 weeks, rather than every 12 weeks.
Dosage for Bravecto for Dogs
- Give one chewable by mouth once every 90 days.
- The minimum dosage of Bravecto is 11.4 mg Fluralaner per pound of body weight.
- Bravecto is approved for use in dogs 6 months and older.
Bravecto for Dogs Dosage FAQs
- Overdoses of Bravecto for Dogs are rare.
- In case of a missed dose, simply give the dose when you remember. Do not give a double dose of Bravecto.
Serious side effects associated with Bravecto for Dogs are rare, but if you notice any behavioral or physiological changes in your dog while giving Bravecto, call your veterinarian immediately.